[modeleng] Re: Technical education

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:50:34 -0500

This (thin) nut is screwed down and tightened up in the normal way. The
thick nut is then screwed down on top of it, to within a few degrees of its
limit. THEN THE THIN NUT IS UNSCREWED BACK UP TO THE TOP NUT.

Alan,

Obviously that "expert" method of tightening nuts was written by someone who
had no practical experience in the process at all.  Reminds me of our
"educators" who are gradually canceling all manual arts vocational programs
because "everyone needs to go to college".

Jesse the Redneck Tennesseean

.