[modeleng] Re: Question about phase converters

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:51:21 -0000

FWIW, a friend of mine runs his works workshop (in a light industrial unit)
on a big single to three phase converter, and if it did not work properly,
he would have paid to have a three phase supply laid on by the electricty
board instead. Before he wired in a three phase "ring main", he had a rotary
converter that he moved from machine to machine as and when required though,
if this helps your question about chosing between rotary or static.

Tony Wells.