[modeleng] Question about phase converters

  • From: Sehwuk@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:51:56 EST

Chaps

    My first post and it's a question for any and all  to answer :- Has
anybody out there got, or used, phase converters ?. I'm just on  the verge of
building the new workshop for an attempt at a 41/2" Burrell but  will need
bigger
machinery than I have at the moment, which really  means going to 3 phase. I
have heard good and bad things abut these bits of kit  but would rather hear
from people in the know (as it were). I have definately  been told that a
rotary
will be better than a solid state. ALL replies, good or  bad, will be most
welcome.

Steve
Bodgers Retreat,  Burwell