[modeleng] Re: Question about phase converters

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:37:20 -0800

I use a three phase solid state variable speed converter, and am very
happy with it, although as supplied, the internal unit was fine, the
packaging cr*p. But I rebuilt it - previously it had such superb
facilities as being able to switch from full speed forward to full speed
reverse without going through stop!
I was warned that the DC injection for magnetic braking was capable of
causing a 30mA RCD to trip, and so had a 100mA one fitted. Had no problems
with that.

Peter Chadwick, usually Swindon, this week San Diego.