[modeleng] Re: Question about phase converters

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:13:51 -0000

Steve

My mills and my myford are 3 phase and my supply 2 phase.  I looked very
closely at the issues before making a decision.  I now have a rotary
converter which is on wheels and moves from one machine to the other.  This
is infinitely better than solid state which is very messy and needs
different settings for different machines and even different jobs.  Cost a
few quid but definitely worth it.  Cheaper than laying a new mains supply.

Peter Cathcart