[modeleng] Re: Injectors - asking the question again

  • From: Peter Sheppard <peter.sheppard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:49:31 -0000

Hello Roger,

I am no expert, but size isn't related to pressure.

They are generally sized in pints/minute? (or oz per minute), so I'd work
out the volume required to fill the boiler from bottom nut to top nut and
how long you would be comfortable for that to take.

In the case of Elidir, I have two injectors and we reckoned we needed
30oz/minute (1.5 pint) and they are quite chunky!

Cheers

Peter

Peter Sheppard BSc (Hons) CEng FIEE FIRSE FSaRS
Principal Consultant
Lloyd's Register Rail Limited
5th Floor, 37-39 Corn Street
Bristol BS1 1HT