[modeleng] Re: Injectors - asking the question again

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:00:00 +0000

I would have thought that you'd not need a very big one: I'd probably go for
a number 2 (errm is there another way of saying that?) which would deliver
1/2 pint a minute via 5/32 pipe. I tend to use number 4s on my 5" gauge
locos which injectors are about twice the size and quite big enough for the
much larger boilers.

Personally I buy 'em but I think there was a series by DE Lawrence in Model
Enginner around 25 years ago with lots of detail. A search of the ME index
would turn it up I'm sure.