[mac4theblind] Re: created a bootable installer of Mountain Lion with SuperDuper

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:31:39 +0000

Hi Edward, or is it Lew I'm not sure which. lol
Don't worry, I'll definitely make sure I'll have a backup of all my documents
and alike before going ahead.
A couple of things if I may ask. When you say format the HD do you mean the
Macintosh hard drive? Just to be clear and secondly, what formats choices are
there to choose from I'm just cureious and I'm making an educated guess but I
bet my money on that it will be Mac OSX extended gernaled to format the hard
drive too.

My primary purpose of making the backup of ML is because I want to go to the
Mavericks root by just the update method. Now, I know you advise people to go
through the clean install path but I just want to update and if anything is
wrong with Mavericks or I find it too buggy with Voiceover with my ML backup
would I be able to successfully downgrade back to Mountain Lion? If so, how
would one do this assuming I've made my ML bootable USB 8GB Sea-Gate flash
drive that I brought the other day. From Argos by the way. lol
I've never done a clean install or re-install of a previous Mac OS before so it
is all new to me.

Thanks

Daniel