[mac4theblind] Re: created a bootable installer of Mountain Lion with SuperDuper

  • From: Edward Lewis Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx the blind" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 20:32:15 +0000

funnily enough, I just had a chat with a contact of mine who’s an editor for a
certain mac magazine. we discussed this and I explained  some differences in
methods and how a blind user  is relying on certain other processes due to
software issues with DiskMaker X, we were talking about the disk utility method
of making mavericks boot and he gave me a tip on using a hidden disk image
method called BaseInstaller.dmg which is hidden in installesd.dmg. this
requires a little fiddling around but I have to admit, I ran a test platform
with terminal and, though this is slower, it’s more or less an all-in-one
method.

anyway, glad you’re writing a podcast on it. fair enough.

lew