[mac4theblind] Re: created a bootable installer of Mountain Lion with SuperDuper

  • From: Edward Lewis Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx the blind" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:44:08 +0000

Sorry, I was examining an option to create an undo script within bootcamp.
don’t bother.

create a 100gb partition in your macintosh HD. or if you wanted to be really
safe, get hold of an external USB hard drive and install Mavericks to that,
which would create a full volume.

if you’re creating a partition on Macintosh Hd, you need to add the partition
to the lower section of the partition. so, in Disk utility, sepect Macintosh HD
in the Partition tab, add a new partition by interacting with the add button
below the partition window. now select  the new partition and change it’s size
to 100gb and ensure you name it Mavericks.

when removing this partition and recovering the master partition (Macintosh HD,
do this by rebooting your mac and pressing Command R. Be warned that at this
point, Macintosh HD’s Primary partition can be tampered with IF YOU MAKE ANY
MISTAKES HERE ON IN! so ensure you select Mavericks partition and delete it,
then do a partition resize to original. this will reset the primary master.

I advise at this point, in fact, before doing anything like this, make a time
machine backup and have a pen drive ready if you have to rebuild the entire HDD
if you make an error.

This should only be attempted if you’re seriously comfortable to do this.

lew