[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:28:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/2004 9:19:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I won't  call it quite a myth but it may qualify for exaggeration.  Secretly
making medicines in his home?  With no regulation, no approval?  If  this is
true, he is a criminal, since medication is strictly regulated in this
country (except vitamins and supplements, but you all know that).  I  think if
you
investigated the story you'd see a lot of fortune telling  style

Hi,
No, it is true.  (There were not FDA or regulations at the  time--Kaufmann
people do note that it would be impossible to do today,  though.)

I can get you references, etc.  (and there are lots and lots of people  yet
alive who were involved in the whole rags to riches growth of his company.  He
did a tremendous amount for Kansas City and his foundation was one which also
did so.  [until they hired an outside guy from NYC to run it--and he began
changing it from what Kaufmann had envisioned...over half the board resigned in
 protest and there was an investigation by Missouri's Attorney General])

Marlena in Missouri