[lit-ideas] Re: education

  • From: Ursula Stange <ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:55:14 -0500

Mike, I hope this is the core of a longer piece...which we will get to see
someday.

I'm sure you're as much of a puzzle to God as he is to you...

But Lazarus Long would understand you:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a
wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization
is for insects.

Ursula Stange
Driven (or did she take a cab?  So much for MY memory...) to drink
in North Bay

Sent from my kitchen...