[lit-ideas] Re: VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 08:53:59 -0500

Well, what can I expect from a society that thinks beating children is
perfectly acceptable.  Not only acceptable but *necessary*.  From a society
that tells people they need to rush off to war because it's an act of love.
People telling everybody over the age of seven they're over the hill and
getting such a kick out of it.  Defending pharma's rights to rip us off,
etc. etc.  A huge chunk of the world thinks pain equals pleasure.  Well go
for it, Mike.  Tell your grandchildren they're a bunch of jerks, but make
sure you do it lovingly, as is the human way of expressing love.  And we'll
all listen to Erin doing the same thing and we'll all laugh and laugh
because she's a really good friend of yours and it's all good clean fun.
People will fight tooth and nail to defend their right to be jerks.  What
else is there to say?

On a brighter note, at least Erin didn't tell me to go fuck myself, so
we're moving up in the world.

I was generous last night thinking Phil wasn't being hostile.  But he does
have all the eloquence of a standup comic on The Comedy Channel.  String a
bunch of curse words together and they all laugh and laugh.  If you think
I'm a misanthropic troll, Phil, then obviously I'm doing something right.

And Julie, you really need to get a new line.  That soap opera line, it's
well ...