[lit-ideas] Re: "Stand By Denmark" Rally

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:26:28 EST

<<Since  we have nothing of "Yeshua's messages" except through
Christianity, how can  there be a highjacking?>>
I don't understand this remark.   Yeshua was a Jew who attempted to reform
Judaism.  He was not a  "Christian".  Christianity was an evolution of
politically and religiously  motivated groups, those who wanted to Hellenize
the area,
those who wanted to  graft in to the Torah the Gentiles w/out asking them to
accept Judaism  full-blown, etc.  Yeshua's messages via the gospels and
apocryphal texts we  have bear little resemblance to any contemporary
understanding
or expression of  "Christianity", in my opinion.  Roman and Greek extrapolation
of the texts  formed "Christianity".  See Aquinas vs. Augustine.
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: "Stand By
Denmark" Rally  Date: 2/25/06 5:03:30 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Julie Krueger wrote:

"... the highjacking  of Yeshua's messages by Christianity."

Since we have nothing of  "Yeshua's messages" except through
Christianity, how can there be a  highjacking?

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto,  ON