[lit-ideas] Re: "Stand By Denmark" Rally

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:55:56 -0500

"Lawrence Helm" writes:

: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
:
: ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C63A28.EDADEFE0
:
: Wikipedia can be contributed to by anyone, it is therefore to be used with
: caution as the sponsors of Wikipedia advise.  I read the article Peter
: Junger quoted and found I disagreed with some of it.  Several of his points
: are wrong according to the authors I've read (see a recent response to
: Andreas and Mike for some of the major titles).
:
:
:
: So I checked Wikepedia and the article I found didn't match the one Peter
: Junger posted.  Here is the one that came up when I asked for information
: about Islamism:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist>
: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist .

The subject was what is the common definition of "Islamism".  I
quoted the Wikipedia's entry on Islamism.  The passage that you
cite is not about the term "Islamism".

I will however happily admit that there is no common definition of
Islamism.  That there is such a thing is your claim, not mine.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu