[lit-ideas] Re: Poetry x 2 = Sabbatical

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:30:17 EDT

Snow is beautiful for the first 15 minutes that it falls.

After that, it is evil.

It becomes black and slushy from the driving, you have to scrape and de-ice
the car, wade through it to the tarp-covered wood-pile to feed the
woodstove....etc.  I hate winter.  New Zealand.  If I ever come  into money
it's New
Zealand for me.

Michael, my bro living in NY, adores snow and winter.  A wonder since  when
HE went sledding he ran smack head-on into a tree, was taken to the  hospital,
and hurt his back badly.  But then, he's a dare-devil.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Poetry x 2 =
Sabbatical  Date: 10/15/2006 3:28:41 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
I lived in the depths of Carmarthenshire for five  childhood
years.  Snow every Christmas, sledding in the hills.  But  nothing
as daring as your hill rides.

I love snow too but these days  it can be a nuisance

Judy