[lit-ideas] Re: Poetry x 2 = Sabbatical

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:41:10 -0400

Well, I was envisioning something a bit more Spinozistic in this case. I think transcendental apperception might be a bit too hard.

Erin
Toronto

Quoting Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

carve a pumpkin into a transcendental unity

The transcendental unity of jack-o-lantern apperception?

It would be impossible to grasp a jack-o-lantern as jack-o-lantern
unless we have space and time as conditions of our intuitions of
jack-o-lanterns? Plus we'd need other jack-o-lantern rules. We'd also
need to be drunk. And David Hume would have to be partially wrong.
Something like that?