[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:45:37 -0500

I am happy to hear that.  That's more than I can say for our most prominent gay
man in our Congress.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI
          From: Veronica Caley <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Sunday, 23 January, 2011, 18:49

          Judy: Yes Waheed Alli is i think great.

          My worries about Mr. Alli is for his life,  not for his personal
happiness or political success.

          Judy:Keith Ellison and Andre Carson -- both D.

          OK, now that I know this, what ought I to do with it?  I know you are
a political scientist and are expert in English and US political science.
However, I know that it makes no  difference to me who they are, but I am glad
that there are at least a handful of Muslims in the Congress, as there are
gays, but otherwise it's useless knowledge.
          The reason is that if one writes a letter, calls or used the web to
communicate with them, they will send back a response that they do not deal
with people out of their district.  An exception is if they are thinking of
running for president.  Which is why I never looked up their names, though I
knew they were there.

          Veronica Caley

          Milford, MI
                    From: Veronica Caley <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                    To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Friday, 21 January, 2011, 21:57

                    Judy,

                    I read this e-mail after I responded to the other one you
sent.  I think this is interesting and wonderful.  I commend
                     Baron Alli (Waheed Alli), for what he has done.  I wish
him a long life.  But I worry for him and all like him.

                              From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                              To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Date: Friday, 21 January, 2011, 15:48

                                I recently finished a book called, "Why I Am
Not A Muslim."  Among the things I learned: that people who call the prophet a
pedophile do so because he married a nine year old girl, that he evidently was
a bandit who shared the spoils, and that he was killing Jews or driving them
off the land as early as the seventh century.

                                did you buy the book?  Wikipedia will tell you
about Muhammad's wives, including, of course, Aisha, as perfectly or
imperfectly as it did.

                                that he evidently was a bandit who shared the
spoils
                                <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

                                he should have kept the spoils, I guess

                                 and that he was killing Jews or driving them
off the land as early as the seventh century.
                                <<<<<<<<<<<<

                                ..gosh, that was early, we waited till the
twelfth century....

                                Re Eric's comment on stoning, if you haven't
seen it, two recommendations: the Christian method is in a film called  "Zorba
the Greek."  The Muslim version, in a film made by an Iranian, is called, "The
Story of Soraya M"
                                Zorba is also a book.  I recommend you see the
film.  Also that you don't eat before doing so.
                                <<<<<<<<<

                                *I* recommend you join the campaigns against
stonings in Iran -- but would like you also to campaign against all capital
punishment; thank you

                                (and FGM.)

                                --- On Fri, 21/1/11, Veronica Caley

                                From: Veronica Caley <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Muslim Prejudice
(Judy?)
                                To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                Date: Friday, 21 January, 2011, 14:53

                                The BBC America had a discussion about this
lady and her comments.  The one I liked the best was the man who said that she
ought not to have spoken about anti-Muslim prejudice.  Given her position, she
ought to have spoken out about how one of the causes of prejudice against
Muslims is their refusal to except Western secular values.  His contention,
familiar to us all, that we all accept people making fun of, and disrespecting
the religion of, anyone and everyone.  Muslims generally won't accept this.

                                The performer M&M was to perform in Detroit a
few years ago.  Because of the vulgarity, the city forbid it.  He sued, won and
the city had to pay $300,000 restitution.  The reaction of a very moderate imam
 of a mosque near Detroit was: the show is shameful, the city out to have
prohibited it and no fine ought to have been levied.

                                I recently finished a book called, "Why I Am
Not A Muslim."  Among the things I learned: that people who call the prophet a
pedophile do so because he married a nine year old girl, that he evidently was
a bandit who shared the spoils, and that he was killing Jews or driving them
off the land as early as the seventh century.

                                Re Eric's comment on stoning, if you haven't
seen it, two recommendations: the Christian method is in a film called  "Zorba
the Greek."  The Muslim version, in a film made by an Iranian, is called, "The
Story of Soraya M"
                                Zorba is also a book.  I recommend you see the
film.  Also that you don't eat before doing so.

                                Currently, there is a concern in Western
countries that some Muslims are taking daughters to the home country for
circumcision and early marriage.  I have read about this issue being of concern
in the U.S. and Canada

                                Veronica

                                From: Julie C <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
                                Subject: [lit-ideas] Muslim Prejudice (Judy?)