[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:13:43 EDT

<<.. Even Bush said Saddam  had nothing to do with 9/11.>>
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is  to connect Iraq to the war
on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS  News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6,
2006

Humbly submitted
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs
Experience  Date: 9/30/2006 10:13:09 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But then, you thought Saddam was responsible for  the WTC attacks.  Annie
Myelroie ... Even Bush said Saddam had nothing  to do with 9/11.  Regarding
empire, we may have the desire, that's not  entirely clear, but we don't
have the ability, so there can be no emergent  empire.  When England was the
world's empire, it exported capital.   We import capital.  Niall Ferguson,
an America the Empire proponent,  thinks the 20th century was not the
American century, as is widely thought,  but, in retrospect, will be
considered the Asian century.  He thinks the  Japanese invasion of the U.S.
will come to be considered the first time an  Asian power flexed its
muscles.  China is coming on board as sole  superpower as early as 2030,
less than 25 years away.   Asia lends,  America spends ...  Also, back to
Ferguson, when England exported its  culture, which presumably we're doing
with exporting democracy, they were in  their colonies for many decades,
even centuries, until they were thrown  out.  That's what he sees for us in
Iraq, except we're doing it wiith  Asian money.  From what I can tell,
Ferguson likes America.  But he  is open to looking at reality.  He who has
the gold rules.  And he  who has the gold is ... well, China, Japan  ...