[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:59:47 -0400

How much of this would be happening if we didn't make it happen in Iraq and
Afghanistan?  Dropped it like a hot potato we did.  We took a relative
handful of jihadists and turned them into a worldwide movement, gave them
untouchable sanctuary in Iraq where they can recruit and train.  We, as in
the U.S., did that, and we, the U.S., are now admitting it.  We had them
all but obliterated in Afghanistan, and instead ...