[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:33:14 -0500

Eric Yost wrote:

>>I regret that you can't see the difference.
I can see the difference. One big difference is that since the GOP has built a "moral" constituency, they tend to resign immediately when they get caught doing something vile. Dems tend to remain in office, at least to finish their terms.

Another big difference is in hypocrisy.

One candidate said that consenting adult sexual activities were nobody's business.

Another candidate ran as a "protector" of children and author of legislation designed to "protect" children.

One got caught involved in adult sexual activity.

The other got caught doing things he had just written legislation to prevent people from doing.

..
"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA