[lit-ideas] Re: Visions of Dylan

  • From: Jack Spratt <dosflounder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 05:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry you went to all the trouble of putting put all that information together,
but I am not looking for any kind of courses or academic schools.  I was just
looking for opinions.  Thanks again.  It was very thoughtful of you.

   J.S.

Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

          JS:
  >>Are Dylan?s poems studied in any literature class along with T.S. Eliot and
Ezra Pound, or is he just considered a bard?<<

  Here are some courses you can sign up for:
  At Gerogetown

http://www.georgetown.edu/crossroads/AmericanStudiesAssn/newsletter/o&r/papercalls.htm

  Look at Harvard's Engl S-37u

http://www.ssp.harvard.edu/2006/academics/courses/engl.jsp;jsessionid=HDDEDHNDDBLH

  Here's an essay by Gillcrist from Reed College, you'll need to check with
Robert Paul about how to get in his classes.
  http://www.ade.org/ade/bulletin/n083/083019.htm

  At Dartmouth:
  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~english/Participants.html

  Here's an article on teaching Dylan in The Chronicle of Higher Education
entitled: "Like a Rolling Tome"
  http://chronicle.com/chronicle/v50/5033guide.htm

  A Google search on "bob dylan literary studies u.s. colleges" returned
676,000 hits.  You're welcome to go through them all at your leisure.

  Mike Geary
  Memphis