[lit-ideas] Re: Guess where the USA ranks in terms of health care

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:08:53 -0500

Mike Geary wrote:
As my grandfather preached: Doctors kill people.

But not NEARLY fast enough!

We're overrun with sick people who got enough treatment from doctors (even when they didn't have insurance) to be walking (and driving) around, when they should be dead and buried.

I'm VERY selfish about things like insurance and education.I would prefer to live in a world that is populated by healthy, well-educated people, not a world of half-sick and quarter-educated people. I'm willing to vote and pay money for my selfish desires, but it seems that most people are less self-centered than I am, and are not willing to pay for the kind of lifestyle that I want. Sad, really. They want to run over sick old people, bump into mis-educated adults, and pay extra for long-term care of patients that good single-pay insurance could get off their backs much sooner.