[lit-ideas] Re: Ground Zero Mosque's Saudi Patron

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:47:38 -0500

I agree, Phil.  I have a great deal of respect for Eric as well as Lawrence,
their talents and intelligence are enviable, but I think they are both very
wrong in this regard.  I don't believe that Lawrence's dreaded Islamist
enemy is a serious threat to this nation much less Western civilization.
Are they capable of doing grievous harm to this country?  I doubt it, as
does Phil.   September 11, 2001 was not a grievous nor even a serious threat
to this county, a deeply offense injury, yes.  It was mass murder.  But not
a serious threat to this nation.  The assassination of President Kennedy was
a more serious injury, but not even that was grievous.  We have killed how
many in Irag? In the hundreds of thousands.  A nation that has never done us
any harm nor has ever been a threat to this country.  We inflicted a serious
and grievous injury on Iraq and her people.  It amazes me that so many
people are afraid of people who live in the 7th Century.  I just don't get
it.

Mike Geary
Memphis