[lit-ideas] Re: Ground Zero Mosque's Saudi Patron

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:19:36 +0000 (GMT)

>The Saudi individual identified as a Mosque backer has strong ties to the
>Muslim Brotherhood.

the Cordoba Centre project has been given 300000 dollars by the Kingdom
Foundation, whose exec head is Muna Abu Sulayman

http://www.saudi-us-relations.org/articles/2008/ioi/081202-sulayman-auspc.html

whose father is, according to the investors.com piece, a major figure in 'the
history of the Muslim Brotherhood'.

He is head of the IIT USA, I believe.

 >I can't say it will be a new thing in New York because the Al Farooq mosque
 >in Brooklyn has been a hot-bed of Islamist training.

all I can find on this is that Adnan Shukrijumah, lived near the mosque till
his father, who led services there, moved to Florida to set up a mosque there.
His father acted as translator for Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman.

Judy Evans, Cardiff