[lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:40:02 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
Sent: Aug 21, 2004 10:39 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

In a message dated 8/21/2004 9:14:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The requirement that one be rich and successful to be sexually attractive
falls into the sub-category of Search for Good Sex, category Predation, found
under Appearance in the index.
We're talking gripes here. In the world of gripes, it falls under Predation,
assuming the sociobiological theory of Dawkins et al., that males' money and
power encourage females to breed

A.A.  Breeding and good sex don't correlate.  Breeding is essentially a
business deal.

E.Y. more than any romantic considerations.

A.A. Romance as the opposite of fucking is usually a turn on to women who are
not motivated by money.

E.Y. Further
in the world of gripes, if one succumbs to Gravity and loafs to the point of
obesity, even casual encounters are made difficult.

A.A.  Casual encounters are the Search for Good Sex.  Casual encounters are
Predation.  Good Sex withstands Gravity in any form.

E.Y. For one in the throes of gripes, contentment is a fantasy
ideal--postulating
a world where Predation doesn't influence romance and giving in to Gravity
doesn't soon yield atrophy.

A.A. Contentment is a fantasy only if we accept Predation as reality instead of
what it is, which is crap.  Once we shut the door to Predation, we come home to
ourselves by accepting our Gravity, which includes our obesity, and we achieve
contentment.  Ideally our partner would be content with our obesity as well,
and Good Sex happens.

Andy