[lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:46:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 20, 2004 4:24 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

EY:
> 1. Given that many people often feel that life is hard to take: is
> this inevitable or not? Do we *have* to feel this way, or is there an
> option?

I'm not sure what's given here.  What does "life is hard to take" mean?

A.A. I'll contemplate the answer as I wonder why are liquor companies among the
best stocks to buy.

> Humanity has two major gripes: (1) Predation, and (2) Gravity.

Your explication of these terms is wonderful and I hate to throw them out as
frivilous for that reason, nevertheless, duty calls.  Humanity has two
hundred and three major gripes.  I'll tackle the first three.

(1) No food.
(2) No money.
(3) No sex.

A.A.  Personally, I think our problems are too much food; too much money, or at
least too much crap shoved at us that requires money; and too much sex.

M.G. Some people claim that if you've got good sex you won't care about the
first
two.  But I've never had sex THAT good, so I can't testify.  I know that
Plato can't help in any of these areas.  Neither can Jesus. Neither can
Picasso.  Neither can the United Nations.  All we can do is bitch.  That's
why there are Lists.

A.A.  Good sex, or rather the search for it (all around you, take a look), is
another distraction.  You say, all we can do is bitch.  Is that inconsistent
with your first statement, What does "life is hard to take" mean?  I'd like to
meet the person who isn't looking for good sex.  Know anybody?

Andy Amago

Mike Geary
Memphis