[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:04:25 -0500

Andy Amago wrote:

. . . . It's a Mexican drug cartel, thought to be in other secluded areas in the U.S. as well. Tens of millions of dollars in street value. Obviously not all illegals are here just to work.

It depends on what you mean by "work." I grew up in North Florida, and there were LOTS of people who hung out in bars most of the afternoon and evening. They always had money, but never seemed to have a job. I asked once "What do you do?" and the reply with a sly grin was "A little farming."

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA