[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:19:38 -0400

At 02:45 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:

Andreas Ramos wrote:

What are your thoughts on five years ago?

Here's a contrast I can't get my mind around.

On 9/11/01:

Millions of people couldn't imagine ANY explanation other than "those goddamned islamic terrorists!" It seemed like it was a natural progression -- the logical conclusion, and it was the ONLY explanation.

On 9/11/06:

A significant portion of the free world, as well as more than "just some nutjob conspiracy theorists" in the USA are _entertaining_ the possibility that there might BE AN explanation other than "those goddamned islamic terrorists!"

Without unfairly lumping Mr. Wager with me, I will lump myself with him as I second his confusion and consternation at how MUCH we can do and how LITTLE we can do in the same period.

Never has there been a more expeditious disaster cleanup than 9/11.
Never has there been a more disastrous one than after Katrina.

Concentrated search: Saddam.
LESS concentrated search: Osama.

I guess it all depends on where your priorities are.

The fact that intelligent, rational people are even entertaining the possibilities -- what else can we do when NO explanations are given for such incongruity of government concentration -- is troubling. Hey, that reminds me, where is that Pentagon footage -- which , if it shows a plane clearly hitting the building would put the WHOLE issue to rest -- that was supposed to be released?

No matter how you slice it, the events of 9/11 WERE the result of a carefully orchestrated AND "successful" conspiracy. What's more likely:

1) that a very organized, nefarious US Government faction -- the members of which who had inside access to the buildings, planes, airports involved -- organized it

OR

2) 19 inept terrorists did?

I'd love it if there were satisfactory answers given to the dozens of unanswered questions about 9/11. The fact that they continually are NOT supplied must lead one to think that the reason there is a lack of supply is that the actual answers would implicate the "good" people and exculpate the "bad" people. At the very least, there must be evidence of complicity, co-operation or inaction.

trying not to sound loony, but probably failing

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada