[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:40:50 -0700

I wondered about 9.11 often today. How did it go so wrong? The US had the solidarity and support of literally the entire world, even Iran, on 9.11. Today, we stand ostracized and alone because of a pointless war.

3,000 people died on 9.11. Did we learn nothing from that?

There is a good deal of suspicion about what really happened on 9.11. Much of that suspicion is fueled by an endless stream of lies from the government.

The American media was all about 9.11 today. I noticed that the German press (via Google News for Germany) didn't mention 9.11. I expect it's been forgotten pretty much everywhere else.

John asks how the US could go in four years from superpower to a hollowed out nation. That reminded me how the Soviet Union went from superpower to nothing in ten years. I read today in New Scientist that in the USA, there are eight Americas, and in many of these, people live at a level equal to a third world country. In the destruction of New Orleans, we saw that the USA is unable to carry out the basic function of a nation: protect its citizens. Things are not good. We squander billions in Iraq and don't improve the USA.

I wonder if anyone will care in 2011 about 9.11.

I wonder if there will be a USA in 2021.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com