[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:20:40 -0700

Step back a moment and consider. Were I or Geary or anyone simply to send, as a form of art perhaps, mere cuts and passages, only collages and quotations, would these suffice as contributions to our continuing conversation? What if, instead of my inane verse and paltry thoughts, I contributed excerpts from Hume, without commentary, without expression of what I saw was important? Would this be more than the sort of thing you hear in graduate seminars..."Others have had ideas"? If Lit-Ideas is to be lively, we must insist on people saying what they think.

David Ritchie
back from crabbing and in a very good mood in
Portland, Oregon