[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:33:37 -0400

Warts and finery are fine and I'm fine with them -- happy, even. Maybe M.A. Camp isn't ready for warts and finery yet. Maybe never will be now. And, anyway, his or her reticence doesn't affect our willingness.
Ursula
P.S. there's early antelope and birds at Pete's Pond....anyone else still watching?

Robert Paul wrote:

Mike Geary wrote:

I have no idea if M. A. Camp is a real person, a program or a joke. And I find myself not caring. I do care that we start censoring.

Sub specie aeternitatis, I don't care what sort of entity MA Camp (Esq) is either. But if it hadn't been for Mike's openness and (what's another word for 'shamelessness'?) I wouldn't have gotten to know him, and by not knowing him I'd have missed out on something substantially worthwhile. (The same is true, of course, for a fair number of others whom I've met on Phil Lit and its descendants.) So this is my answer to the question I posed to Andy: if we just posted canned stuff to one another, we'd never get to know one another in all our warts and finery.

Robert Paul
The Reed Institute