[LRFlex] Re: Will it ever arrive?

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:14:50 EST

Neil,

Good post. There are many who are just getting into digital and are watching
this forum with interest. I also note the reasons that one cannot use Nikon
bodies with Leica glass because of the limits in the lens mount position in the
Nikon. I have used Leica lenses, (M & Screw mt) on my Nikon bodies for years
by using an adapter that I purchased in a small camera store while on a
business trip to Germany several years ago. The adapter appears to be made from
the
Summaron/Sumarit(?) 1:1 spacer, a machined ring and a "T-mount" base, which
allows me to change mounts at will to accommodate ANY camera body that has
"T-mounts" available for it. I either use a short focussing mount behind the
lens
head and mount it directly on the adapter, or insert an "M" Bellows 2 behind
the
lens head and have past-infinity focus as well as macro, (better than 1:1)
ability! The markings on the Leica ring are; Leitz Wetzlar Germany & # 16469.
I'll try to post detailed pics of this adapter to the website beside the flash
trigger voltage chart so that all interested parties can see it. I've had great
luck with the 65mm elmar, 135mm Hektors, and Elmarits (f/4 & 2.8), as well as
a 280mm lens in Viso mount. The problem is that this only works on the
"normal" & "tele" lenses. With a multiplication factor of about 1.6, that makes
the
65mm lens a 105mm lens, Oh well......

For me, using Nikon film bodies and mostly for macro, this poses no problems.
The reason that I do this, is to be able to use Nikon's wonderful Matrix
balanced TTL flash. I can mount either an SB21 or my trusty Sunpak DX8R
ringflashes on my bodies and get perfectly exposed pics, no muss, or fuss. This
should
also work on Nikon digital bodies as well.

Just an observation.

Art Tafil