[LRFlex] Re: Will it ever arrive?

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:44:01 -0800

Art Tafil said:
>>>You guy's are beginning to think and sound like me and that is a very scary
>>>thought.<<<<<

Hi Art,
And right there is the biggest problem of all..... "beginning to think !"

If one sat back and thought about flying for any length of time they'd never
fly!

That machine will get off the ground ? ... I "think not!" Then add all the
other "thinking things to life and we'd all be cutting images in stone."

The first thing to think about is........... There isn't one person on this
list nor all the others put together that's going to make one whit of a change
in what happens to Leica. Period... live or die! So Stop thinking about them
and move on with your lives!

I see more Leica doom and gloom these days and rightly justified for folks
interested in their digi-back given the apparent outlook at the moment.
Therefore I'd put Leica right out of mind, not one thought of thinking about
them because we'll find out sooner or later the good, bad or ugly end. And like
I said... "no one here can change the outcome by purchasing a few new cameras
and lenses." And thinking about it is an absolute waste of your time!

Think about this for a moment of thought if you want to think about something.

While some folks are sitting around wringing their hands, wondering, worrying,
analyzing cost and basically wasting time "thinking" about Leica. They could
have a digital camera of some kind in hand, as pointed out quite successfully
by any number of Leica Lens owners / digital users .... a Canon choice in
several models and making wonderful photographs with Leica lenses. Right now
basically the best of two worlds!

And having a damn fine time taking pictures and getting "digital experience
immediately." And that's before, if, maybe, might, possibly, could happen,
maybe never and any other combinations of "IF's it arrives could be making good
use of digital experience in the here and now instead of ?????????????

And if the back comes to pass and works like a dream right out of the box with
people wetting themselves silly with photo capture and brilliant reproduction (
please note I didn't say great pictures, the back isn't going to do that) as
you know!  Then sell the digi's you have bought, jump on the "support Leica
band wagon," get a back for an enormous price which I'd say 90% of us cannot
afford if being realistic.

By then of course Canon will have come up with some super whiz bang full frame
body using Leica glass for half the price of the back with double the amount of
pixels! Then all you folks who waited for the LEICA back will be pissing your
knickers again waiting around for Leica to get it to-gether one more time.

Sorry guys I've been a supporter of Leica for many many years, bought new every
time I wanted a lens or camera, usually three camera bodies at a time! And
never considered second hand. Hell bought heavy dollar gear when I didn't have
the money and worried about paying for it later, (never missed a payment.)

So I don't feel bad about not supporting them at the moment, but I'll be damned
if I'm going to think about them and their predicament, simply because there
are too many photographic things for me to do in a positive fashion. Certainly
than wringing hands over a bunch of Klutz's who wouldn't stay moving with the
world when they had lots of time to be in the forefront of the digital
evolution.

ted