[LRflex] Re: Water Spots? MORE QUESTIONS

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 08:25:58 -0700

Philippe Amard wrote:

>Don't you worry David, I'm not trying to start a debate on film vs
>digital at all, and you're right, the market has long decided for us;
>I'm just waiting for something to come out that will be both affordable
>(DM is NOT) and trouble free (I'm discovering the flaws about sensors on
>Digital SLR's )  - Leicanon is a very tempting compromise sure enough (I
>was convinced that digital was my future by my wife who owns an
>ultralight Canon powershot IS and shot a series of screen impressive
>snaps in caves during last year's holidays when I didn't even bother or
>dare take my outfit out of the bag for lack of decent light). For the
>rest I must be a somewhat nostalgic dreamer LOL - thanks for your
>answers all the same.
>By the way, we an eclipse this morning over here in Europe, but the
>clouds prevented me from any attemps at it; the next one is scheduled
>for my hundredth birthday, now, I'll have to wait for that too, tough!
>Phileica live from Dreamland

Sorry to hear that you were 'clouded out' for the Annular Eclipse. :-(
I have now managed 4 eclipses and have never yet been clouded out,
though I've come very close.

Instead of waiting until you are 100, travel with Rose and I to China,
in July of 2009.  You will see the longest eclipse this century at some
6 minutes 38 seconds duration.

I was lucky, and saw the 1991 Eclipse in Baja, which was 6 min. 57
seconds... but one that long will not occur for another 450 years... so
I am not going to hold my breath.

Shots can be seen at www3.telus.net/~telyt and then click on :Eclipses"
on the left.

Logan Lake, BC