[LRflex] Re: Water Spots? MORE QUESTIONS

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:43:49 -0700

Dave Saalsaa wrote:

>Actually, while the Leica DMR digital back might be more prone to dust
>because it is more accessible, it is also infinitely more easy to clean
>because of that accessiblilty.  The more I hear about the DMR, the more I
>want one.  Just can't afford one at that price.
>
>Dave

G'mornin' Dave!

I'm with you!  I went the LeiCanon (20D) route, because I wanted to get
into digital without breaking the bank - in case I should find I
preferred film. Having done so, I love it!  But in under 6 months, I'm
already thinking about  my next digital camera.

And like you, the more I hear and see of the DMR, the more I  think I
want one.   The drawbacks, to me, have nothing to do with performance,
but with price and size/weight.

I can learn to live with the weight - but I fear that by the time my
piggy-bank is full enough to buy a DM-R, even Leica will have a new dSLR
offering!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt