[LRflex] Re: Water Spots?

Douglas Sharp wrote:

>Hello all those of us who are plagued with spots,
>Nice idea with the AA filter, only....... why do the spots disappear
>when I use a different lens???? - also, the specks wouldn't become more
>obvious at smaller apertures.
>The spots I get with a dirty Yashica Macro are also not in the same
>place as those from a dirty Leica lens.
>Without a lens no spots at all, IMO, the spots are
>refraction/diffraction halo effects from small specks of dust, moisture
>or whatever, that's why they're never in focus either.
>cheers
>Douglas
>PS, Plenty of dust around here, we live near a cement works.

Your arguments make sense to me, Douglas!  I only get the spots when
using the 400 Telyt with the 2x converter!

Figure that one out!

Yet I do not see it as possible that dust on the lens (sooooo far out of
the plane of focus) could cast any sort of shadow on a film/sensor plane.

I'm bamboozled, but will try cleaning - 1st the sensor, then the glass.
Just as soon as I find the time!

Cheers!

--
David Young,