[LRflex] Re: Using the M6

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:36:57 -0500

 walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx[1] wrote: Some on the list have been puzzled
about my comments concerning getting use=d to the M6. There is a simple
explanation. The M6 is the first = Rangefinder camera I have used. Till
recently I shot mostly= with SLRs an Walter,
   Ah, hence my surprise at any rate.
   Before the M-2, I had a IIIf, and before that a Retina II, and after
using those, the larger brighter finder and long baseline rangefinder of
the M seemed effortless, but of course it was because the basic motions of
manually focusing had been burned in.  What is learned at 13 becomes
unconscious and taken for granted.
   Neither of my M cameras have meters in them, so I meter for a situation
and revisit the exposure if the light changes.  I tend to do that with the
SL as well.
result is worth | |/ `o one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun 0
N4003M "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
--- Links ---
   1 mailto:walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx