[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:44:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm still into film somewhat though I do keep a small Panasonic around for the
"quick" grabbers(shutter lag causes me to miss more than I get). Just waiting
for the "equal to" digital R to appear. The problem with film is really two
fold. One our selections are dwindling rapidly. But the bigger problem is the
quality processors are falling by the wayside faster than film is vanishing.
After working with the USPS, and seeing how mail is handled I really don't
cherish sending my efforts around the country and hoping that the finished
product gets returned in one piece if at all. Mind you until just a year or two
ago I was still stating that they would have to pry my SL from my cold dead
hands.

Axel
The 80-200 is a superb piece of glass. Depending on your needs, I would put it
high on the purchase list just for the convenience and versatility. I picked up
Doug Herr's old one and havent taken it off the SL since. (Doug the box still
has the little rattle though much more pronounced since I've taken the lens

Regards
YXAndy

---------