[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:58:37 -0500

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Charlie Falke wrote:

 I really miss Kodachrome 25, for the permanence
in addition to the look.

K25 might be better in retrospect than in day-to-day reality.  I compared
photos from my last roll of K25 (in a Leicaflex SL) with photos from the
DMR at ISO 400 using the same subject, light and lens (280mm f/4 APO) and

Doug,
   You raise an interesting point.  It is analogous to
the acoustics of concert halls, in which the best ones
are always the ones that were torn down long ago.
I try to keep an open mind, for example I liked Avery
Fisher Hall as soon as it opened.  (The fact that I
was in a class with Dr. Harris had nothing to do with it. :-)
   Can you post the images you are describing, and is
there a sensor that is as good as the one in the DMR
that one can buy?

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein