[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:38:41 -0500

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I can post one of the DMR photos:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/amke01.html

I haven't scanned the comparable K25 photo, and I might not have it any

Doug,
   I remember that image well.  It would be interesting to see
the K25 if you can put your hands on it.  The M9 sensor, also
made by Kodak, is also a CCD.  I will look into whether it has
a 16 bit A/D converter.  Earlier I said I would look into
possible sensors for digital film, and as far as I got was
that Kodak in Rochester was nervous to talk about the M-9
sensor since they thought it was at least partly proprietary
to Leica.  They didn't know, it's not in their market area, but
that the nearest equivalent sells for 2400 USD qty 1.  There is
a prototyping kit, similar to what is sold for a new DSP chip.
   Thanks for the reply,

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein