[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:50:58 -0500

philippe.amard@xxxxxx wrote:
I had given up K years ago when the only lab moved to Switzerland and I never recovered my last spools ...
I still have one in the fridge - two fridges later ...
And I went Sensia, velvia, and Provia too - stopped when the local lab screwed up things before closing down.
I ended up using supermarket film processed across the street, meant for scanning.

I intend to develop/process my BW again some day - the tank is still there, waiting ...
so is the R4, and some other film cams I can't decide to part with.

Phx, waiting for the R9.2 Diesel all the same.
Philippe,
   I'm pretty lucky here.  There is a decent color lab in Hartford:
http://www.kulaphoto.com/
They still do C-41 and E-6 with reasonable turnarounds,
and still do sheet film.
   And you can send Kodachrome to Dwayne's in Kansas
http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/
until the end of 2010.  They also do E-6 of course, K-14 is
only a small part of their business.
   I do supermarket scanning as well, it can work amazingly
well if you don't need the images large.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein