[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:03:22 -0700

On Oct 2, 2008, at 8:51 AM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Frank Filippone <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

An issue is not to use my existing lens lineup of Nikkors..... but to go all( used) R lenses. ( I have none, except my 400 Telyt for Visoflex, so
it
will be a pretty major system wide change for me.)

At final decision point, a lot will depend on the price of the R10......
If it is just too high for me, then a Nikon D something will be the
considered item.... if the price is affordable to me, then it is R10 and
new ( used) lenses.

I doubt the R10 will be cheap. My guess is that it will be about the same
as the M8.2, adjusted for dollar deflation.

I thought you'd never ask Doug...   :-)

as long as we are guessing the eventual R10 cost, when it arrives optimistically in 2010, or maybe later, I will guesstimate $10, 000-12, 000 USD, maybe more if it appears later...

I'll save this...

Steve

Any adapter out there will not allow for Auto-Aperture operation using R lenses.... which I think I am on record of stating is a deal breaker for me..... So there is no C or O body that will work, at this time. Maybe someone will invent a proper adapter to make the aperture connections, but
time will tell.....

No argument from me re: auto-aperture function. Without a breakthrough in understanding the time/space continuum you will not see an adapter to fit R lenses on an EOS body that makes aperture connections. Very unlikely there
will be an O body adapter to fit R lenses with the auto-aperture
connection, and there's that crop factor too.

I can not see changing to C or O and buying all new lenses made by that company. My existing Nikkors are as good. It would be smarter for me
buy a D700 ( as you suggest) or a D3 or a D-whatever and use what I have
for
lenses.

I agree. Or an older film R body & try a few R lenses. If they work out as well as you've expected, when the R10 becomes available the cash outlay
would be only for the body, not body + lenses.

There is an underlying element here that I would also switch from RF ( M6)
to SLR.....  for most if not all my photography.

I'm curious why the switch, particularly since you're interested more in
wides than in longs.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com