[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:57:28 -0400

Frank Filippone <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use a lot of wides, and only a few long lenses.  So I want to go as
wide as
> possible... the largest sensor possible is important to me to provide
that .

In that case consider the D700, since you already have some Nikkors.  Olys
would require some new wide 4/3 lens(es) because the sensor is only 25% the
size of 35mm film, crop factor 2.  A Canon 5D is another option as long as
your R lenses will clear the 5D's mirror.  Any R lens that works on the SL
is a good candidate for the 5D.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com