[LRflex] Re: Reading the LR2 manual.....

On Oct 2, 2008, at 10:17 AM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

...Leica's strategy ... while I find it technically
impressive, I also find it very naive, and likely doomed,
both by the prices, but also by the fact that while they
can jump ahead,  there is no way that they can stay ahead...

The S2 pricing strategy will be indiciative of the R10 strategy, IMHO. Dr. Kaufmann mentioned that the S2's pricing will consider market conditions.
We'll have to wait a few months to see what that means, meanwhile
Hasselblad has responded to the S2 threat by slashing prices, and we
haven't heard about Nikon's MX pricing yet.

as usual...Leica is talking a year ahead of time, and up against competition that likely will be leaping ahead,

 even before Leica's S2 sees the light of day,

Steve

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com