[LRFlex] Re: Polarizer

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:31:22 -0500

Some auto-exposure cameras also require circular polarizers... my Rollei 6008i for example.

Jim

Steven Rosenthal wrote:

If I am not mistaken circular polarizers are required only in the case of autofocus systems, manual focus lenses can be used with the original style polarizers which you may own already. I have used such with a variety of manual focus cameras and lenses including Leica R and Minolta bodies... in auto exposure mode as well as manual and they worked fine. There may be some other asthetic consideration where the circular ones are more pleasing photographically, I don't know...opinions?