[LRFlex] Polarizer

  • From: "Dr. Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:10:11 -0500

Mr.  Dave Elwell of Leica Camera USA has graciously allowed me to post the
following reply in answer to my question regarding the proper polarizer(s) to
use on the Leica R21-35mm Asph, and the R28-70 lenses.  Dave pointed out that
it is not Leica policy to suggest any third party manufacturers.  I want to
thank Dave for taking the time and trouble to respond quickly to my question
which was posed to Leica via the Leica Camera Forum web site.

Please suggest the appropriate polarizer for my R 21-35 Asph, and my R 28-70
lenses.  I don\'t mean the size, but which ones?  One must be sure that
there is no vignetting, and that one can rotate the polarizer freely as the
lens elements rotate.  Hopefully one can continue to use the lens cap. Can I
use the Leica E60 circular polarizer, for example, with out any problems on
my R 28-70lens?

Are there any third party polarizers that work, for example, Heliopan or
B&H?

Elliot
For the 28-70, you can use catalog # 013-406 E60. For the 21-35 you need a
slim type filter to avoid vignetting. They are available from B+W which are
distributed by Schneider in the US. http://www.schneideroptics.com/

Dave Elwell
Leica Camera Inc. / Parts & Technical Info
156 Ludlow Ave / Northvale, NJ 07647
www.leica-camera.com/usa
dave.elwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel 800-222-0118 ext 217 / Fax 201-767-3438