[LRFlex] Re: Leica DMR

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:11:26 -0700

Hi Gary!

>Isn't it really too early too pass concrete conclusions on the DMR?

Probably. And I have absolutely no fear that it's performance will be superb.

>The DMR units are very expensive, but what brand new Leica product isn't ?
>If I were a pro, or had loads of R gear anyway, I wouldn't think the price too
>out of line.

The problem, Gary, is that most of us are not pros... and the 20D comes
**very** close at 1/4 the price, and (with a suitable adapter) can use all
manners of Leica glass.

Sure, I'd love a DM-R, but only if somebody gave me one.  I'll still use my R8
& SL for those situations that demand film.  But the 20D has a man who swore
he'd 'never' go digital (me)singing it's praises.  It's quality (at ISO 1600 at
least) blows film out of the water!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr