[LRFlex] Re: Leica DMR

  • From: "Peter M.C. Werner" <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:18:41 +0200

David,

> As I stated earlier, other than the joy of using a body that is
superbly
> crafted, the essence of Leica photography is in the lenses... the
LeiCanon
> option allows for the quality of photography Leica users exepect.

Allow me to disagree.

The results will not be the same at least in terms of color rendition
and noise; the DMR and the 20D are quite different in that respect.
Why use Leica glass at all?
Can you really tell the difference?

Ask a convinced Canon user and he will tell you we Leica users are just
talking nonsense. Be honest and admit you do not want to invest  the
money needed for Leica equipment and that second best has to be good
enough. After all, it is the photographer, not the gear.... You can make
excellent photos even with $500 digicams.

Canon gear (including Canon lenses) is excellent, there is no shame in
it. Just do not pretend there is no difference with Leica.

Peter Werner
www.leicaphoto.net
Route. de l'Etraz 2 - 1183 Bursins - Switzerland