[kag] Re: lighthouse cache, and others

  • From: Graeme Watson <Graeme.Watson@xxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 20:30:32 -0400

Lloyd I'm a little shocked that you would even suggest a cemetery. There has been a lot of bad press generated in the states because of cemetery hidden caches. No matter what your own option on subject, it is the feelings of the people who have relatives buried that is of prime consideration. Cemeteries are places of reverence and reflection and are not appropriate for a cache hide. There is also the small fact that most cemeteries are not public land. Most likely an academic point as I doubt that the cache would even be approved.

On a personal note I have 7 relatives buried in Cataraqui, so this is more then a philosophical discussion for me.

-Graeme

Lloyd Baker wrote:
The Lighthouse is a great cache, the trick is retrieving it without being spotted.

Now, for a spot to hide a cache look at the City of Kingston's website for their Parks Map. I have used this to find spots to hide a cache.

I track all caches I have hit on Microsoft Streets & Trips and can send a picture of Kingston showing where caches are, using this I see some MAJOR holes with city parks all over that have no caches in them.

On another note, what about hiding a cache in Cataraqui Cemetery, lots of history in there and I am sure a cache could be hidden in a quiet area. There is a Prime Minister buried there and a few other notables.

Binrat
----- Original Message ----- From: <hamburgerking@xxxxxxxxxxxx>